Biggest Product Letdowns

In the files of most disappointing personal products:
  1. Nature's Gate Calming Shampoo - This stuff used to be the best shampoo EVER. It left hair clean, soft, invigorated...gently moisturized. After a mega sweaty workout, it was Nature's Gate to the rescue and my hair was squeaky clean without being stripped. It smelled so good, was so gentle, but so strong. They have recently changed their formula and now...blah.
  2. Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser - The original formula was great. Made skin feel great, look great. My skin would feel clean. Several years ago, they changed the formula and yech. Ever since the big change, any time I do give it a whirl, I feel like I've spread oil on my face. Not cool.
  3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash - It's possible my skin is just too delicate for this. But it left my skin heartbreakingly dry. Worse: my fingertips peeled. Um, no. Not acceptable.
  4. L'Oreal Voluminous Volum Naturale Mascara - This was allegedly supposed to be super smooth, very natural looking and with zero clumpy factor. Guess again. I would rank this as one of WORST mascaras I've ever tried, along with....
  5. Cover Girl Lash Blast Original Mascara - Supposed to be clump free and make eyes look bigger, more popping. Um, no. Not at all. It went on thick and heavy, glumpy and clumpy. Another in the worst mascaras ever.
  6. Loreal Ever Smooth Smoothing Hair Serum - O. M. G. If I wanted to smell like a chemical dumping station, I would hang out at a chemical dumping station. Seriously...one of the worst smelling hair products ever invented. And I've tried tons. Also, it coats the hair and makes it feel sticky and heavy. So absolutely not good. Doesn't even warrant a second try to see if I was unfair the first time around.
  7. Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner - I actually loved this combination.  They did in fact leave my hair soft, smooth, and silky.  The one day I used them, I actually received several compliments on my hair which doesn't normally happen and more than one of those compliments included the word "bouncy."  So why would a product that can make my hair soft, smooth, silky, and bouncy be one of my Biggest Bummers?  Because of the freaking smell.  It's waaayyyy too perfumey.  I smelled it several times in the bottle and debated over it and decided it would be fine.  It wasn't.  As thoroughly as I rinsed my hair, the perfumey smell left me with a headache all morning until I finally pulled my hair into a ponytail (the exact thing I'd been trying to avoid doing!) and once I pulled the ponytail down - once again, headache city.  Screw that.

1 comment :

  1. I love this post! Not only do I know what products not to try, I get a heaping helping of snark to get me through my morning. : )

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...