Best Characters

I'm totally in list mode right now, so we have a list of some of my favorite characters of all-time.  Again, no particular order, because it's just too hard to qualify them to that extent.

1.) Severus Snape~
Ootp076.jpg
I love him.  I. Love. Him.  As Alan Rickman put it after learning he'd won the Harry Potter World Cup, [a vote for Snape is a vote for love].  It's true. 

2.) Monica Geller~
image source










I love this character.  She is a (former) fat girl and the character refects that well.  I speak from experience that with weight loss comes neurosis and Monica Gellar is the very embodiment of the obsessive, neurotic behavior that result from being a former fat girl.  I love her humor, her humanity, her crazy.  She is one of my poster children for "Quirky Brunettes Unite!"

3.) Spike - a.k.a. William the Bloody~
source













As a villain, he's hilarious and brought new life to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Even at the nadir of his character's life, he still maintains a fiery sense of humor and -- let's be honest here -- he's sex on legs and that doesn't hurt.  But the character is immensely complex and delightful and a breath of fresh air.

4.) Wesley Wyndam-Pryce

Ah, the perfect blend of book-nerd and sex appeal.  I love how he can be a whiney goob and still super sexy.  He is a pot of contradictions and I much enjoy that.

5.) Gollum

How can you not love him?  Obsessive, crazy, insane, wicked-intelligent, schizophrenic.  Be honest: he's your favorite, too.  In the book "The Hobbit," his decidedly twisted and creepy scenes were my absolute favorite.

6.) Calvin
Calvin and Hobbes Original.png
If you don't love him, you don't have a sense of humor.  I do have a fear that if I ever have a son, he will turn out to be Calvin-esque.

7.) Hugo "Hurley" Reyes
Hurleylost.PNG
He had some of the best lines on the show, he had insecurities (most) everyone can relate to, he was a little bit of a nutjob, he was a teddy bear.  He was sweet.  He made being LOST a little more fun with all the insanity happening around him.

8.) Hermione Granger
source










She's a geek, she's a bookworm, she (mostly) follows the rules and she's careful and believes in order - and she ROCKS!  Finally!

9.) Dobby

He was rather annoying at first, but later we started to like him and finally, fell in love with the spunky little house-elf.  He moved me, made me laugh, reminded me there is honor in subservience, and when his story came to an end I didn't just cry, I sobbed.

- That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there will be more later.  If there's someone on the list you're not familiar with, go to Wikipedia and look 'em up.




~ All pics from wikipedia, unless noted.

No comments :

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...