Misconceptions About Me



- I'm very smart:
     -Nope.  Just average (depending on your testing pool), but really just average.

- I don't wear makeup:
     -I wear a bit of concealer and some translucent powder.  If I'm feeling like a corpse, I'll put on a touch of lipstick.  For fancy occasions I wear mascara and maybe even some eyeliner.

- I'm stuck up:
     -Not even a little bit.  Most of the time I just feel awkward and don't know what to say or I'm waiting to be invited to the group instead of just joining in. Or if you're talking to me, I can't hear you, 'cuz of the deaf thing.

- I'm always frowning/sour faced:
     -Unfortunately I have really great resting bitch face.

- I'm a prude:
     -Not at all.  I'm just choosy about who I open up to.

- I have my shit together:
     -Only a little bit.  Sometimes.  Mostly just bumbling through.

- I'm very private:
     -Not really.  Ask me direct question and I'm going to answer truthfully.  If I can't, I'll usually just say I'm not ready to talk about it or I'm not going to answer.

- I love kids:
     -Not all of them.

- I'm really patient:
     -Just good at faking it.



12 comments :

  1. Great list. I particularly love the "I don't wear make-up".

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I get that because whenever people see a picture of me where I have lipstick on, the first comment I get is always "You should wear makeup more often!" or people telling me "you could be so pretty if you wore makeup!" lol...I do. Just not very much because I feel like such a clown otherwise.

      Delete
  2. Love this list! Definitely have gotten a lot of similar ones before, especially pertaining to being lofty and stuck up, when it was really me being too shy!
    Hope you're having a great day :)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! It was actually interesting for me to write this list.

      Delete
  3. I think quiet people get more misconceptions because people have to fill in the blank. Though I don't know why it has to be negative things like "stuck up". Maybe it's a window into their insecurities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the fill in the blank thing. I guess some people just aren't comfortable with quieter people.

      Delete
  4. people always assume that just because i'm asian, i'm a whiz at math. they couldn't be more wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we all get misconceptions about from people and man oh man I am just awful at math.

      Delete
  5. Hi Becky! This fellow weirdo found you through BBN!

    Great site! Can't wait to check out more of it!

    Best,
    Cory
    Quirky town.
    Newest Post: "HELP:I've Turned Into a Morning Person!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cory - thanks for stopping by and checking things out; I hopped over and followed you back - I can't wait to explore more of your blog. Weirdos unite!

      Delete
  6. Love these clarifications about misconceptions. I'm like you, if I've ignored someone it's because I didn't hear them. This happens to me a lot. I'm usually so deep in thought that I miss a lot of what is going on around me.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...