Pinterest Snobbery and Stuff

-   I'm a bit of a pinterest snob.  That is, before I repin something, I always check the link to make sure it goes to the place where I would find the thing I wanted to pin.  It makes me crazy when say, a recipe pin just links to a website and not the actual post that recipe is on. It's worse when I go to verify that recipe before repinning and discover it doesn't actually come from anywhere, so to speak.  It's like an internet black hole, or the website it links to has no record of that recipe at all.  Grrr!

- Also on pinterest, I see a million crafts and DIY's and on most of them I'm like "yeah...not going to do that.  Too hard.  Too many steps.  For all the materials you have to buy, you could just buy an ACTUAL antique dresser."

-I also laugh on those pins that are like "this is the best list of stuff to do on a rainy day ever!" or "best homemade beauty products ever!" and there's always the "pin now, read later" note.
Right.  'Cuz you're really going to read it later?  


- Tooth update:
I have to return to the dentist tomorrow because apparently sometimes a tooth gets so infected you need not one, but TWO antibiotics to really get in there and do the job.  The good news is that I have the oral surgery planned for April 8, so I'll be getting this molar situation fixed soon.  
- So there's a new trend in publishing: the "New Adult" genre.  It's actually been going on for a while now, but now it's a thing.  The books are said to be easy reads with thin plots and graphic sex and swearing and stuff.  Am I the only one who's like: "um...that's not "new adult," that right there is your basic romance novel with a more contemporary picture on the cover.  So don't give me this shit about "New Adult."  You're reading a trashy romance - accept it and embrace it.

4 comments :

  1. You're a better "pin-ner" than me. I don't usually follow the links. I just pin things I would like to have and such. There is usually little or no follow-up with my pins. But then again, there is usually little to no follow-up in my life either...

    Stephanie
    www.bassability.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I wouldn't say I'm a better "pin-ner." Maybe a more anal one, for sure. :) I'm actually working on trying to get more follow-up/follow-through in my life. It's an ongoing project. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the IDEA of validating the photos... but then I just keep liking and pinning and the thought of going through them all now seems exhausting! I'll put that on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinning is like crack for me....I hit repin and don't even consider the consequences.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...