A Day in the Life - Day Shift

I usually work afternoon/evening shifts, so I either sleep in or else by the time I remember to take pictures, the day is half over.  But recently I've had a few more morning/day shifts, so I fixed on getting this project done once and for all.
Are you ready to get jealous of my exciting rock-star life?


 7:20AM: wake, coffee & Prozac first thing while I watch Scrubs on Netflix as I come to.

8:10AM: Now it's time to shower and be disappointed with my hair no matter what combination of shampoo & conditioner I use.

8:40AM: I am showered and (mostly) dressed for work, so now it's time for breakfast.  Protein shake made with chocolate protein powder, almond milk, and a few crushed nuts with a slice of whole wheat toast.
Not pictured: I have Scooby Doo on in the background.

9AM: A quick blow-dry since my hair is still wet.
Finish getting ready for work: put on work - brush teeth, put on shirt, etc.

9:35AM: Leave for work.

1.) 10AM: clock in
2.) 1:05PM: break
3.) 4PM: clock out, heading home

 4:20PM: Every day when I get home, Isabelle comes to greet me and cries at me for the above mentioned cuddles.  And if you think I just put that label up there on the photo to hide my heavy arms - you're absolutely correct.

4:25PM: Change into lounge pants & a tank top

4:50PM: I forgot to pack a snack for work, so I'm hungry.  Grilled turkey & provolone with mustard, MORE COFFEE! and a computer-streamed viewing of Evil Dead 2 because Shawn is still asleep.  I also spend movie time doing my nails on both hands and feet (after I'm done eating, of course).
Not shown: 5:30PM - Shawn gets up and starts his day.

 6:35PM: I decide I really do have to exercise if I ever want to be in better shape.

7:30PM: Time for another shower to rinse off all the sweat!

7:45PM: Ugh.  Laundry.

8:10PM: Making "brinner" - scrambled eggs with green onions, bacon bits, and a shit-ton of spinach.  I serve Shawn's with toast, but I've had enough bread for one day.

8:50PM: Dishes....yay.....

9:10PM: Catch up on my blogs for a bit, then peruse pinterest and recipe sights for interesting stuff I might make later; after about an hour and a half of that, I switch to just screwing around and wasting time on the internet.
Not pictured: 10PM - Shawn leaves for work.

12AM: Only my bedside light is on, all tucked in and reading This Book is Full of Spiders before bed.

12:15AM: Isabelle hates when I'm trying to get pictures of her with my phone; she hates anything near her face, really.  But she's laying on my tummy and purring and it's time to turn out the light.








5 comments :

  1. How creative is your post? Love it!!!!! Have a great weekend!!!
    xo
    Deena
    http://dimamura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  2. I liked seeing into your day :) I would be interested in a non-work, lazy/chore day.

    I should give myself more time in the morning like you do... I try to cram everything I need to do in less than an hour. But I also don't shower in the morning. Stinky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed it - I am thinking I will do a non-work day before too long. Although a lot of it will be: I'm reading. I'm watching crappy horror movies. Oh, I'm reading again, this time while eating. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you did a day in the life post!!! I also never give myself enough time in the morning. Work starts at 10? Get up and get ready and leave the house starting at 9 (well, 8 with the baby)...Your eggs and spinach looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...