SLIDER

Why Are People on Pinterest So Dumb?

The internet is so great and awesome and full of the knowledge of mankind.
And it's also full of the utter stupidity of mankind.
I saw this inspirational quote on a holiday pinterest page:

"I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year."
                                                            -Anonymous

Um, no. It's not anonymous.
It's fucking Charles Dickens, all right? It's one of the most famous lines from A Christmas Carol which is not only one of Dickens' most well-known works, but it's one of the most well-known Christmas tales around.
So no, it's not "anonymous" and googling even a PORTION of that quote brings you to a long list of websites that cite the correct origin. (Believe me, I experimented.) AND there are about a billion other pins with the same quote that correctly cite either Dickens or Ebenezer Scrooge. Oy.

So there was that. 

Then there is wordhippo.com, which I happened to see a link to on one of those "life hacks" pins. And it's actually a pretty cool site as you can play around with and search for words with all kinds of different filters including length, starting letter, ending letter, (crossword help, anyone?) get the pluralized form of a word, etc. Except the pinner who had pinned the link was raving a little TOO MUCH about the site. Her words were: 
-- "This site is great! You put in a word and it will give you other words that mean the same thing, or even an opposite word! Where has this been all my life?" --

Take a second and let that high praise sink in. Now go get your thesaurus and look up praise. Because. Wow. 


2 comments

  1. Ughhh haha. The first quote you wrote reminded me of a girl in high school who in her yearbook had as her quote "To thine own self be true," and attributed it to...wait for it...Reba McIntire. Because of her song "Fancy". Talk about a face palm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh this makes me second guess my pins! I don't always put much thought in liking pins... but at least I know what a thesaurus is!

    ReplyDelete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.