SLIDER

Car Story (Part II)


So when we last visited the Car Story, it was a simple matter of my neighbor being sort of a fuckwad.

Then, one week after The Conversation, Shawn comes home from work. Now, for those who may not know, Shawn works third shift. His work day ends around 7 AM.
So he often stops at the store to pick up a thing or two on his way home.

So it's one week after The Conversation, and Shawn comes home from the market and tells me this story, which I will summarize:

     1.) Shawn leaves work at 6:50AM. Car is in great shape. (He's obsessed with checking tire pressure on an almost daily basis.)

     2.) Shawn drives the 2.5 miles from his work to the Walmart.

     3.) 7:01AM - Shawn parks and exits the car, heads into the store.

     4.) 7:20AM - Shawn exits Walmart and walks happily to the car, feeling good that he picked up cookies for his PMSing wife.

     5.) 7:21AM - Shawn approaches the car and sees THIS:


So, somewhere in the twenty minutes Shawn was in Walmart getting a handful of necessities (and cookies), someone managed to ACTUALLY hit our car - and not just a-light-bump-I-though-I-hit-the-sidewalk - but there is NO WAY you wouldn't notice if you hit a car and did this much damage. Especially because, if you look closely at the side image, it looks like something got hung up on our car and pulled on the metal like a freaking bottle opener.
Alas, no note.
So now Shawn returns to the Walmart and is all, "Um, hello, let's check some video footage." And is informed that actually, the parking lot footage is pretty shitty and not likely to show anything. (Now, I spent five years working in the accounting office there, which is where, at the time, the security cameras were kept and the tapes changed. And at that time, the security was SHIT. I'm sure it's a bit better since 2004, but I can't imagine much better, since our local Walmart IS shit.) << Side note, it didn't use to be. It used to be a great place to work. But then the CEO and CFO were changed around 2005ish and things really went downhill from there.>>

So there's that. We're suddenly driving can opener car.
My stepmom and my stepbrother's wife are both like "It was probably your neighbor!" but the thing is, his car has no visible damage. I honestly think it was just some random asshole who was driving like an asshole and whom someday someone will do something like this to his car and not leave a motherfucking note.


PS - It gets better.

4 comments

  1. Oh wow! Just no kind of luck with your car :( Our car got scraped in a parking garage at my husbands work, and when he went to security to look at the footage, he just happened to park in a small triangle out of view of the cameras. People suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! When did that happen? How bad was the damage?
      People DO suck.

      Delete
  2. Oh man that sucks! People are jackwads, so sorry. I actually saw someone hit a parked car yesterday, I was walking into town and like...heard this loud crunch (they were trying to parrallel park...badly, it wasn't even tight). And I didn't know if I should maybe write down their license plate or something but then what would I do, call the cops "just in case". Plus it happened right as I was walking past so I didn't want a confrontation if they were a holes. I kind of stopped and stared hoping they would know they had been SEEN, I was hoping there was cctv as it is a city but I feel really super bad now if they didn't own up to it. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they left a note, even if under the pressure of "someone saw us." Hopefully the car they hit didn't get damaged too badly. I totally get the not wanting a confrontation; you never know who is going to be a total nutter and go off.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.