SLIDER

Sunday Confessions: August 30, 2020






I Confess: 
Stupid new blogger format. Ugh! Anyone else struggling with the line spacing? 


I Confess: 
OK, I am planning on working through my blog. Fixing any broken links or gifs or images that don't work anymore, etc. So if you happen to get notified that I replied to a comment you made in 2017, that will be why.
 

I Confess: 
We cut out dairy milk at home. And it's surprisingly hard. I mean, I know I love milk. But man. Finding alternative drinks when I would normally drink milk is rough. Right now we are using almond milk.


I Confess: 
My GP has put me on a somewhat specific diet. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but the major takeaway is that she was like "My dude, the reason you have low energy and crave sugar all the time is because A.) You eat too much sugar and B.) You definitely aren't getting enough protein. More on that later. But the confession is this:
Even though the the amount of protein I am meant to take in each day is fairly small all things considered, I have found it to be quite a challenge. But I am doing it. Because I actually really like and trust my GP. She hasn't yet led me astray.




2 comments

  1. For the new blogger, it seems to be automatically on "paragraph" setting, you have to change it to "normal" if you don't want that I think.

    Do you really just drink... a glass of milk? When you are thirsty? Maybe cause it's usually so warm here that just doesn't sound... quenching at all, ha.

    For me, focusing on protein and fiber really help quell (most) sugar cravings for me. Plus I think just getting older has made sugar less satisfying for me. I still buy sweets, but I notice it's been sitting much longer in my pantry than it used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip RE: the paragraph setting. It helped a lot!
      No, I don't just like, drink a glass of milk when I'm thirsty, LOL. I prefer it with cereal, or I like a small glass with breakfast. And of course, if there is a treat in the house, like we're having cake or something? And I guess, once in a great while, I will have a glass just because. But if I'm actually thirsty, it's water or iced tea or something like that. ;)

      I have definitely found focusing on protein during the day to be a huge indicator of how my evening's eating will be. Too little protein and I'm going to go to Carb City at dinner and I'll be craving sugary junk all night. And it's been enlightening to see how little protein I was actually consuming on an average daily basis.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.