SLIDER

Sunday Confessions: May 1, 2022

 


I Confess: 
I went to the dentist on Wednesday & got a couple cavities filled (but one in particular) - and I got a clean bill of healthy gums, no new cavities or issues, and healthy roots. Which made me very happy because I was having anxiety dreams about my teeth cracking open and splitting up through my skull and breaking my skull in half. So I'm glad it's all fixed and there's nothing new.


I Confess:
There is a broken stop light at a busy intersection. It's blinking red on all sides and is just a total disaster waiting to happen. It's been like that for a week already and the word is that it will probably be like that for a couple more due to waiting for parts & also someone who can do the repair work. Thank goodness I don't have to go to that side of town much. There is also a ton of construction near this light and like, three different detours to go around and it's all very convoluted and ridiculous. I only know this because my dentist is on that side of town. So it made the trip there and back quite interesting.


I Confess:
I was really sick for a while. It started off as like a cold, then turned into Covid! When the 'Rona calmed down and I tested negative, I was left with a nasty case of bronchitis. I ended up missing 2 weeks of work which I was/am quite upset about, and left with intense monetary anxiety, since Husband was ALSO sick - symptom for symptom, he was about 36 hours behind me. So he missed some work, too. Which never happens. So, fuck. I am picking up all the hours I can, but the anxiety remains.
 
 


 

I Confess:
There was a bill put forth and qualified Michiganders are getting a car insurance refund thing. To help with the "devastating costs of car insurance in Michigan." Apparently, Michigan has some of the highest rates in the nation. I guess? I'd always heard Rhode Island was the highest, and California is notorious for it. But apparently we're up there, too. Anyway, we haven't received our rebate/refund check yet and that is also causing me a great deal of anxiety. Because it's like...dude. Now.


I Confess:
I feel like this SC post is a lot more involved than my usual. There's a lot to unpack here, I feel like. 

4 comments

  1. Yay for dental visit going as well as you wanted!
    I'm glad you were able to recover fairly well from covid though :( My sister also had covid and missed a lot of work, really sucks.
    Getting out of my neighborhood, there's a cross street with no stop sign but we have one, yet too many people treat it like a fourway and stop... at the part with no stop sign. Neil gets so ANGRY hahahaha expecially when they keep looking at us like we are the crazy ones not moving. YOU DON'T HAVE A STOP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was oddly proud of my dentist appointment. :)
      In the small neighboring town where Shawn's parents live, there used to be this blinking yellow light but it was like two neighborhood streets intersecting with a major highway and the highway obviously did not have stops but people just kept treating the whole stupid thing like a four-way stop and there were TONS of accidents, but they waited until a certain amount to make it a full on stop light. Apparently that's a thing here. I don't know if it's just our area, or MI, or everywhere. But I know every time we have a dangerous lots-of-accidents intersection, they wait until there is like X number of incidents per number of cars or something before making a stop light.
      The parking lots here are also messed up. People pulling INTO the mall are not supposed to stop, but tourists constantly do and it's insane making.

      Delete
    2. There is a house near my mom's on the east side (of course) that has been crashed into at least six times from cars flying off the highway (just driving too fast and not able to turn properly so just full speed ahead) and the city finally paid for a reinforced fence. Like the cars would be fully in their living room.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.