SLIDER

Sunday Confessions: June 19, 2022

 



I Confess:
I was able to get cortisone injections in both wrists to help with the numbness & pain of carpal tunnel until I can afford surgery. 
The injections themselves went well. Except, it was...different. I have previously had C injections in my right knee (on two occasions) and both of my thumbs (once, both at the same time). All of these occasions, there was a tingling coolness & pain during the injection. Then the entire area went numb. Then, after a few hours, there would be some discomfort. The following day would be stiff & painful but gradually decreasing until the pain was completely gone within 36 hours of the injection. 
This time, in my wrists, the injection was not painful. There was no tingly cooling sensation. My hands never went truly numb. My tongue did? And my jaw felt all weird. And I felt kinda dizzy & lightheaded. But that passed after a few hours. 
My injection was Friday morning, first thing. I was a little sore the rest of the day. Saturday my hands were extremely sore & achy. Sunday was worse - so bad I almost considered urgent care, but figured I could wait. 
Monday my wrists were still very sore, and I had a call into my GP. After a bit of phone tag discussing how I'd been treating up until that point, they recommended diclofenac cream. I explained I cannot use that because the smell triggers migraines. This is the response I got:
 

 

(Actually it was just an email that said "OK".)


I Confess:
I got a new job. I honestly think it is THE JOB. It's GREAT! I really like it, the pay is much better than I was making, the hours are better, I have a set schedule 99% of the time, and I am eligible for medical benefits after either 30 or 90 days. (There was some confusion.) 
Only. 
I'm afraid I'm going to fail at it. It's A LOT of learning. A LOT - A LOT. So I am afraid I won't pick it up fast enough, or I won't perform at expected levels, and that I'll ultimately crash and burn. Husband assures me I am smart enough to do the job, but as anyone who has read this blog before knows: I struggle with crippling self-doubt and insecurity. So, fingers crossed. 

That's all I have for this week. What's on your minds?

2 comments

  1. Hey congratulations on the new job!!! You'll do great I'm sure! Listen to your husband, he knows you best :) I had the same feeling when I got the scheduling job, I felt like vomiting every day from the stress, especially the first six months. But somehow I managed four years there, ha. So I just mean that you are capable of more than you think, don't let your anxiety tell you anything too negative.

    Love the new graphic! I had to kinda skip your medical story (SORRY) I just cannot with shots X(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on both counts! No worries about the medical story, I get it. Basically the short version was pain! Bad! Not normal! And the medical people were like *shrug*.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.