ME: Ugh. I can't believe I'm actually going to be thirty-one.
SHAWN: Ah, babe- you're already thirty-one. You're turning thirty-two.
ME: Uh-uh. I was born in 1980.
SHAWN: Exactly. 1980. It's 2012. You're turning 32.
I think for a second.
ME: Oh, crap.
A few interesting notes according to my baby book and family history:
- I was born at exactly 10:00 AM on May 22, 1980.
- I was 17 days late. Apparently, around the 10th of the month, my mom was concerned she was in labor, but it was false labor and they sent her home from the hospital. When my mom learned the doctor was going on vacation for a week and leaving that night, she expressed her concern and the doctor then said "Oh, don't worry, she'll wait till I get back." And apparently I did. That was one of my mom's favorite birth stories about me.
- My first word was "kitty"
- Apparently, when I was old enough to walk and talk, I used to walk toward the cows (I grew up on a farm) saying "Here kitty, kitty, kitty."
- I used to love banging my hands on the piano keys (but who wouldn't? That sounds like fun even now).
- I was born with a tooth showing and it cut through the gums when I was 3 months old. (Weirdly, this is when my mom decided to switch me to bottle feeding. Huh.)
- When I got a little older, my first ambition was to be a circus clown.