SLIDER

2024 Goals










1.) New Glasses For Shawn:
Pretty basic. He has run his old ones through the ringer; full of stress fractures and scratches to the point where he basically can't wear them anymore.

2.) Get 'The' Nose Job:
The actual procedure is called Radiofrequency Turbinate Ablation. A brilliant local ENT will be doing the procedure, which a minimally invasive office thing.

source

The goal is to help my asthma and overall breathing, as well improve use/function of my CPAP machine. Dr. S. was like "That ride one is pretty big. It's normal to see a bit of a size difference between the two sides, but it's rare you see a difference this big."
ME THINKING ABOUT ALL THE "RARE/DIFFERENT INTERESTING" THINGS ON/IN MY BODY:
 


3.) Pay Off Some Medical Bills:
I feel like this is self-explanatory.

4.) Be More Productive on my Social Medias:
This is more of the same, it's kind of an every year thing, like clockwork. 
Specifically -
❖ I have tried some beauty products and not made a video or even a mini StAB review. 
❖ I have watched plenty of movies and either never bothered to review, or started a review and never got around to finishing it. 
❖ I have tried some new foods but have not made a single Let's Eat! video demonstrating them.
❖ I also would like to have some more coherence to my State of the Body vids. I definitely get to disorganized rambling A LOT and in editing my last video, I was like "Can you say any word other than "Um?" I also feel like I look away from the camera too much. The only reason that video made it through was because I didn't feel like making it again. 
So I guess that's going to call for me to maybe make a bullet-point topic cheat sheet so I stay somewhat focused. I would also like to post a little more frequently on this subject. Maybe more frequent, but shorter videos. I have a list of topics I'd like to address that aren't just straight updates. Would anyone be interested? (Let's be honest, I'll probably do it regardless.)

Also, QUESTION:
I have considered doing Film Friday reviews by video, but I'm not sure if you would like that. Some of the reason I have considered this is because some of the reviews I abandoned would have come across better in verbal format. The one video Film Friday I did do years ago was just terrible on multiple levels. 
I am also going to post this question probably in an actual video. I'd definitely appreciate any feedback.


5.) Speak (Be) Kinder to Myself:
I have a habit of being pretty terrible to myself, especially when I'm struggling, which seems to be all the time now.

I can have a self-deprecating sense of humor. But one day at work, my inner monologue was running it's venomous mouth; I stopped and realized - if I were to witness anyone treating another person the way I talk to myself, I would be horrified. Because in literally any other situation, my own self-talk would be abuse. Not like "That's not nice."

Literal fucking abuse. 



Well, those are the big 5. I have more - some smaller, some more complex, some that are dreams and some that are definitely tangible. I find I sometimes want to do a seasonal or other holiday/event relates goals list, so I decided here to focus on The Big 5. 

Also, note I avoided the word "resolution." To me, resolution has a connotation that leans toward perfection and completion. That absolutely does not work for me. Goals, I feel, is more indicative of progress, continuing in working toward something, and when you achieve that, you continue as well as build on it. 

Do you have any goals for 2024? 

No comments

Post a Comment


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.