SLIDER

Lazy Monday Trip


On Monday, Shawn and I went for a little drive for fun. 
The weather was perfect - between 78°-86°.
We didn't go far. 
source

First, we stopped at one of the many scenic lookout spots that we have on our coastline.




 We stopped into a bar/grill intending to have lunch, but when we opened the door, it was like a scene in a movie where someone walks into a bar and suddenly everything goes silent and everyone turns as one to look and see who is there. I WISH I was exaggerating that. But it couldn't have happened better if a director had stood there and yelled "action!" So we awkwardly sat down and had some (shitty quality) cheese sticks and bailed.


We drove around and checked out nature reserves and tiny lakes and ended up going on a ridiculous trail hike which was only 1.2 miles, but it was all little hills with a steady trend upward.





When we eventually reached the first lookout spot on the trail, the view was of course worth it.







We ended up having a light dinner at The Mayfair Tavern in Elberta and then headed home.

It was a fun day. 

The Lake Michigan coastline is insanely beautiful. Some views require hikes, some don't. Some hikes are harder than others. But the view is always worth it. 

3 comments

  1. How long did it take you to drive there? It really is gorgeous! I love how green and lush everything looks. We are in fire season right now, everything is brown and dead. And on fire XD

    How strange for everyone to be like that at the bar! Was it like a regulars only time or something??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trip there took a couple hours, but we were dicking around and stopping at places and turning around to look at weird trees on the side of the road. If we drove straight through it would've been like, an hour or so.
      We are having high fire danger because of the heat. But no major fires, which is nice. How is the fire situation? I don't have cable, so I don't really keep up on the news as much as I should.
      The bar/grill was weird. I don't think it was dangerous or anything. It was lunch time, but it was in one of those tiny towns with a population of 200 people that you pass through on the highway. :)

      Delete
    2. The pawnee fire is almost contained I think, but it was pretty large :( (not any where near me, more up north) I was worried during fourth of july because the winds were high and my yard is basically tinder, it was hard for me to sleep just in case I needed to grab all my kitties fast.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.