SLIDER

Sunday Confessions: December 15, 2019




I Confess: 
I thought I had posted my Film Friday review and then I hadn't and that is why these two posts are so close together.
I Confess: 
I waited until today (technically yesterday now) to sign up for healthcare. Note: don't do that.
I Confess: 
I did it again, which is why this is now Monday confessions.

I Confess: 
You may remember that I've mentioned before that I have had suspicions about my being lactose intolerant. Well, yeah. While healing, I have discovered that I am indeed definitely lactose intolerant. I mean...I can absolutely eat dairy products - as long as I'm down with coughing, gagging, and ultimately puking for a few hours afterwards.






But I've been trying to push my luck because I love dairy. So I switched from regular milk to fair life milk, hoping that would work. LOL Nope. My body was like: Did I fucking stutter? Vomit it is!
So I surrender.

2 comments

  1. Wow, I've only heard of people getting bloating/gas/diarrhea from dairy, not vomiting! That really sucks :/ I've yet to find a milk replacement that I love so I have no recommendations for that. If you like fresh mozzarella, Miyoko's Creamery is AMAZING. And for cool whip So Delicious has a really good one. Random dairy items but ha, that's all I got. Oh wait, ICE CREAM. Nadamoo is really good, it's been the only non dairy ice cream I've tried that doesn't remind me with every spoonful that I'm not eating ice cream but some sad imitation instead. So delicious sucks on the ice cream front as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely appreciate the suggestions! I think the extreme reaction was a combination of dairy and a physical/mechanical thing with my body. I haven't tried many non-dairy "dairy" products. So far it's just almond milk and Earth Balance soy-free not really butter.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.