SLIDER

Sunday Confessions: March 15 (16), 2020




I Confess: 
Can I just take a moment to apologize for it having been like six weeks since I posted? I've no proper excuse. Just been busy and lazy.
I Confess: 
The fact that Heather has still been doing Sunday Confessions has meant so much to me. I 🧡 you, Heather! Thanks for not abandoning "my" "link-up." 

I Confess: 
I am the most impatient person in the world when it comes to something I want. I am not good at "saving up" for things. I mean. . .I can save up for stuff. But I don't like to. Point being: I really want a new computer. My current one is only a few years old. Three, maybe? Anyway, I've noticed that it's a bit slow lately. (Nothing terrible or intrusive. Just not lightning fast.) The main issue is the disc drive. First the button stopped working. That's fine. I use a straightened paperclip to open it. 
But then the play started fucking up. 

     ●  Pause a dvd too long and it freezes the entire program. 
     ●  Many new dvds are too advanced and won't play in my "outdated" system. 
     ●  About 50% of the time, when I insert a dvd, the player will spin and make noise, but it never reads unless I eject and reinsert the disc several times. Groan.

Now, this wouldn't really be a problem if all I did was listen to cds. 
But cd's are basically extinct and Husband & I finally made room in our budget for a premium Spotify account. So the only thing I'm doing is watching dvds.

But guys - I watch A LOT of dvds. Yes, Blu-Ray and 4K is the thing now.  But my local library has primarily dvds.
And when we purchase a new movie, if it's something I want to watch on my own a lot, we make sure to get the combo dvd/blu-ray pack. Because Husband sleeps during the day, I can only watch telly stuff on my computer. 
And so for that reason, having the disc drive behave like a little bitch is a very bad thing.  
I am hoping to maybe get a new computer for my birthday? Possibly. We'll see.




 

2 comments

  1. I like the Sunday Confessions format because it's a way for me to just talk about random things. Plus looking back on them is fun/ny and there is stuff I don't remember until I re-read it.

    I am both terrible and good at saving money. Property taxes? Got it. Credit card debt? Erm, also got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!
      I also like talking about little things that don't necessarily need an entire post on Sunday Confessions. :)

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.