SLIDER

Sunday Confessions: April 19, 2020



I Confess: 
I had all this stuff I thought I might confess, but then I was like "I don't want to recap all that drama and bullshit." The short version is a huge burden was taken off my mental shelf.


I Confess: 
I'm not sure if this isolation has been good for me or bad for me.

❖ Good Things ❖
    
     Lots of time to reflect on what's really important, what my values are, what I want out of my life.

     Able to sleep in every single day if I want to.
 
     I've had several epiphanies about the inner workings of my mind (see above: excess time for introspection), and they are good realizations and while I can't/won't blog about all of them, I certainly will some.

 ❖ Bad Things

       Lots of time to reflect on what's really important, what my values are, what I want out of my life. 
 
       I am the first person to admit: I am very prone to oversleeping. I will have been having a good dream and want back in, or I had a nightmare I need to resolve, maybe I didn't sleep well with all the activity in my brain, or perhaps my eyes are just dried out from too much before bed reading. (Really need to remember to put in those gel drops I have.) But yeah. Unless I force myself to get up, I WILL oversleep. And it's far too easy to cave when you have practically zero responsibility.

      The agonizing emotional distress that always comes before a grand personal epiphany. And I've had a few.


 
 

4 comments

  1. Aw, I'm sorry you are having some mental conflict :/ I have NOT used this time to do any introspection, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I mean, it's all turned out ok in the end. Good results, but the journey was difficult. Still. I am very prone to excessive introspection.

      Delete
  2. I have been sleeping a ton, staying up late. Trying to break the cycle but very perma jetlag vibes. I started doing yoga stretches later before bed the past few nights with amazon short yoga videos for bedtime and I think it's helping me feel more relaxed anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's cool. I haven't had any luck with following along with yoga videos, but I do like to stretch; it definitely can help me relax or invigorate me, depending on what's going on.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.