SLIDER

Sunday Confessions: December 8, 2019




I Confess:  
I am lucky enough that I don't require chemotherapy or radiation. However: I am on so many other medicines. Multiple inhalers, 2 different pain killers, multiple antitussives & expectorants, allergy pills, nasal sprays, and also now a med for high cholesterol because I am falling apart. This is all on top of the other meds I regularly take. You know that part in Star Wars when Obi-Wan is like "He's more machine now, than man..." 
Yeah. I told husband one day, "She's more pharmacy now, than woman." 






I Confess: 
I am a bit worried that I'm not going to be ready to return to work when I'm supposed to be.

I Confess: 
I was planning to see the new Black Christmas in the theaters; we'd been planning since the first time we saw the trailer. Even before, kind of. And then I learn it's rated PG13.
What? I mean, on top of the fact that the trailers I feel give away maybe too much and yes, it looks predictable and like a glammed-up version of Buffy's "Reptile Boy," but I still wanted to see it. Because I like horror movies. And I like Christmas horror movies. But pile on a trailer that makes the movie look predictable and gives away far too much and on top of it make it PG13? No. I'm not paying theater prices (not even the Tuesday $5 matinee price) for that. I won't. 



 

2 comments

  1. So many meds ☹️ glad it can be managed with meds vs chemotherapy though! Silver lining and all that junk I guess, still sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! I try to find the humor in it, as much as possible. And some of them are like, "Let's try this, and see if it helps, if not...so a couple of them have already been cycled out for not being helpful, so....find the humor.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.