SLIDER

Sunday Confesions: July 5, 2020






I Confess:
Guys. I started using an eye cream.


I Confess:
Honestly, at this point, when I watch TV or something, I'd almost always rather rewatch something I know I enjoy than to jump into something new. Like when you go to a bar and you tell yourself you'll try a new beer, maybe try the fried pickles this time. But no. You end up ordering Budweiser and homemade french fries like always, because it goes down so smooth.


I Confess:
Did you ever call someone to check in on them and then the minute they start talking, you absolutely regret it? Yeah. Me. Right now.


I Confess:
I spent the first two hours of my day today just watching youtube videos, wasting time. And I'm ok with that, as we've been so busy lately at work. Because pandemic or no, we have a fuck ton of tourists here. Not as many as normal years, but still A LOT.


4 comments

  1. What made you pick that one? I like that it is supposed to do like five things in one, that is definitely a selling point for me, ha.

    I keep thinking of calling a sister to check in... but maybe i should just text instead, ha. She can be a bit much.

    So many people in my social media feeds posting pics of hiking and Tahoe and other trips... like... I guess they could be social distancing if they are not staying in a hotel? I'm just going to stay home as much as my work allows and just say goodbye to 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose that one for 2 reasons:
      1.) My main focus is not so much fine lines/wrinkles (although that is a tiny concern), but more puffiness and dark circles. This was one of the few that seems to have those as part of the primary focus, rather than an afterthought after wrinkles. 2.) I wanted one that does not have retinol as a primary active ingredient. I am curious about retinol, but I am loathe to use it at all, as it can cause burning/itching/etc. and my skin is so sensitive anyway. So definitely not around my eyes! :)
      Also note: the website lists it at about $30, but it was $17 at my local Target.

      I have a lot of friends & family posting pics of going to the beach, birthdays, get togethers, etc., and I'm like "nope."

      Delete
  2. I liked the Roc moisturizer when I tried it, I am not sure how retinols and my skin really work together now though. I am having trouble concentrating on new shows too, I just rewatched a show with husband bc he hadn't seen it and it was fun for me, also I am back on my Gilmore Girls rewatch it's so soothing and predictable lol. I have gotten onto youtube lately but I put on more "listeny" ones and have them on in the background while I do other stuff. My attention span is just all over the place lately. I do not get the vacationing in a pandemic thing, a girl I grew up with is on Facebook posting her family vacaying in freaking Arizona (she live in Southern Cali so I guess they can drive there for a few days). And I'm just like :-0000 hope that open Cracker Barrel is worth the risk of death dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for commenting! I put on youtube listeny stuff sometimes, too. Or spotify.
      I'm so divided because I get the whole quarantine fatigue and I get wanting life to return to something resembling normal and I am a strident defender of personal rights. But come on. People are driving me bonkers with their conspiracy theories! :) Hope you're managing better over in the UK.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.