SLIDER

Film Friday: Halloween Ends

 

source/imdb

 

 I believe by now anyone reading this will have seen the trailer, but let's post it anyway.

 

 

Oh, what to say?
The number one problem I had with this movie is spoiler
Like, WTF?
 
There were some good elements, and the cinematography was done well.
I liked Laurie Strode's house in the movie. Very cute. 
Unlike many people, who lamented the death of Judy Greer's "Karen" in Kills, I was actually delighted when she bit it, even though the manner of carrying it out was a bit ridiculous, so I was totally fine with not having her character in this one.
There were some rather creative kills. 
Honestly? I liked the ending. 

To me, this movie had a very strong "IT/Derry, Maine" vibe with how the story was told. Apparently most people say it's more tonally in line with "Christine." Potatoes/Potahtoes.

Jamie Lee Curtis was in top form as usual; Andi Matichak's "Allyson" was insufferable. I know what they were trying to do with her character, but I found it annoying and junior high more than anything.


Was this film good? 
Sure, I guess. I understand exactly what they were saying/doing with this film, but I didn't enjoy the presentation. 

- Halloween 2018 is a good movie that honestly could've been a good stand-alone if they had wanted; ending on that ambiguous note of the final shot of the movie. 
- Halloween Kills is a fun enough film. It drags on a bit, and there are plenty of problems with the plot, but I would watch it if it was on, have some popcorn or have it in the background while I played Wizard 101. The "message" is heavy-handed, but it's a lot of what people want: Michael Myers killing the fuck out of lots of people. Not as good as 2018.
- Halloween Ends was mostly a disappointment. For me, it was trying so desperately to be Elevated Horror instead of just a good, fun, popcorn flick to wrap up an epic saga of villainy. It definitely tried too hard and came off like an awkward teen eagerly trying to fit in with the cool kids and looking worse for it. 



D+

Heads Up: Language, violence, gore
 
Currently in theaters and streaming on Peacock.

2 comments

  1. Not a film I would watch, and with that rating that's probably for the best, ha. My husband likes to watch horror movies when I'm taking a nap for some reason... all that screaming is so relaxing, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA HA You are definitely not missing anything.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.