SLIDER

Sunday Confessions: February 19, 2023


 

I Confess:
Er...I dyed my hair purple today. And I am not really feeling it, tbh. I feel like I might appreciate this color more if I chop off some of my hair. It's a slippery slope. 


I Confess: 
I have 3(!) appointments this Wednesday. 
1.) 8:45 am - physical therapy 
2.) 1:15 pm - a virtual evaluation to determine what would be the best fit for me in regards to group therapy for people with chronic pain & illness. 
3.) 3:30 pm - a mammogram. My first ever mammogram. And to be honest, I am scared. I'm not worried they'll find anything; the only reason it's happening is part of basic preventative care for women my age. UGH.




No, I am actually a little scared of the procedure itself. And I'm not normally particularly scared of procedures. I've had so much shit done, it's like "yeah, yeah." I don't know. 


I Confess:
If alignment or sizing or anything is off, it's because I'm doing this on my phone and I'll fix it later. 


I Confess: 
It is crunch time for finishing the schooling for my licensure at work. I am 89.9% done. I have done all the units and am working through the last of the (required) review quizzes. Then the final exam. I have to be finished and pass said exam before the end of this month though. As of March 1st, they are switching to a new program - if I'm not certified before then, I'll have to start over. And, if I don't pass the final with the required grade, I will also have to start over.




I Confess: 
I am having acne breakouts for some random reason and I seem to be in the middle of a doom cycle of looking at myself and just being super critical of...well, myself. 




2 comments

  1. Ive been thinking about dying my hair too... but like just the underbits or a streak... pink or red I don't know. But I've been just sitting on that idea wondering if it's just a whim or not.

    MAMMOGRAMS scare me too! I haven't had one and I really don't want one. My girls are already tender :/ There has to be a better way than smashing them into pancakes!!!

    Gah, I'm late but I hope you passed the exam!!!

    I've been breaking out too, more than normal. It's been really cold, and I haven't been taking care of myself as well as I normally do. Less showers, less veggies, less water, less movement... It's too cold and wet and it needs to warm up already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple is growing on me...kinda? My roots are getting intense so I'll have to figure something out soonish.
      I would love to see your hair with a wild color - even just a touch. You just do you.

      I did pass the exam and on time, thank you! I should probably do a small post about it.

      I feel like maybe I've been neglecting myself as well. I mean, I generally don't take good enough care of myself. But it's been pretty awful for a while.

      Delete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.