SLIDER

Project Selfie

 
I absolutely stole this from Heather.  

I'm aging.
I will be posting this shortly before my 43rd birthday. 
Some days are not bad. Some days are good. Some are terrible. 

There are plenty of things I wish could improve change about myself. (Full disclosure: I absolutely had this written as "improve" the entire time it's been sitting in drafts, it's only upon editing that I decided on the current strike-through.) 

I actually started making a list of the improvements changes I would make and I was like, damn - would I even look like myself? 

Aging has hit my hair the hardest, I think. I started getting greys in my mid-thirties. I noticed my hair thinning in my late twenties/early thirties. The graying hair is most noticeable around my ears. I use semi-permanent dye that is fairly close to my "natural" color and just fades with washes so it looks slightly more natural and also isn't as harsh. Recently, on a whim, I decided to do purple. I have another box of purple sitting on my bathroom counter, but I'm waiting to use it until right before I return to work. 

So I generally hate selfies. Not other people's. Just mine,. But I've been trying to take one every day (unfortunately I frequently forget, so this isn't a true selfie-a-day.)

The only rules I have are:
❖ No retouching the photos to smooth out blemishes or make my chin look slimmer, my eyes brighter, anything of the like.
❖ No fixing my hair beforehand. So whatever hair is happening is what's happening. 
❖ I am trying to allow my mood to reflect in the photos. At least to a point. If I'm feeling silly, dorky, sad, tired, playful. The one on the top left, the very first one, looks like I'm kinda pissed, but that's just my face. I have hardcore RBF.

 

 

 
 



2 comments

  1. Ah, I'm so glad you stole this!!! And I now remember that I am behind on mine. Again. Me starting a project and forgetting about it? NEVER.

    You got some GREAT lighting in your car selfies!! I think you are too hard on yourself, but I do the same thing to myself. Aging is such a strange process. Like, I barely got used to the adult body, now I have to say goodbye to it and basically start rotting? Lols, probably not the best outlook but really though.

    That Lake Michigan (Unsalted) tee is awesome! I feel like I should get myself some San Jose merch (LOLS NO ONE WEARS SJ MERCH HERE). Is that the same where you live? Some cities are cooler to wear than others?? Here it's Santa Cruz for sure, then maybe... SF? Maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliments!
    People do wear a lot of MI shirts here. It's less about cities (except Detroit, which is always cool) and more about the state and the lakes. Most TC locals don't wear TC merch unless it is part of a team or club or something. There is a huge market for M22 shit. (Like, https://www.m22michigan.com/ is a thing.) Wearing M22 merch is also a huge status symbol here. It is incredibly beautiful, but also some of the most expensive real estate in the state.
    But yeah, Michigan and the Lakes is the point of pride here. :)

    ReplyDelete


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.